Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quilting Patterns


Yesterday, I went to my local art gallery and in it was a quilting exhibit.  As I examined all of the many different styles, I noticed that each one had a pattern or rhythm to it.  This is to say that each quilt had a motif that was repeated in a consistency throughout the piece.  A few different ones stood out to me over the others, however.  One pattern seemed to have little people repeated throughout it.  Another didn't repeat its colors, but it had a flowing rhythm to it that reminded me of falling rain.  A third quilt had a specific pattern of repeated black and white diamond-like figures.  All of these quilts consisted of certain patterns or rhythms that made each of them a unique design for society to view.  Patterns are all over society from repeated parking lot spaces to the windows that line a huge city building.  My friend Morgan discovered a really cool rhythmic pattern with the Nilla Wafer boxes.  If they are lined up next to each other, they create a flowing pattern of wafers.  Patterns are both fun and fascinating.  Since they are all around us in society, they are easily enjoyed but can also  be overlooked for that reason unfortunately, so keep an eye out!

(quilting image provided by my phone)
(Nilla Wafers image provided by my friend Morgan)

No comments:

Post a Comment