Sunday, October 18, 2009

Haircolors in Society


I was looking at different hairstyles today, namely ones with colorings that were unnatural (i.e. hot pink, blue, green, etc.). I myself have a strand of pink colored into my hair. I was wondering why people do this. How do they choose what color and where to put it? Also, what does it mean to them? Personally I got my streak of pink because I wanted to show a little bit of edginess in my style, and I only got a little bit so that it wouldn't be overwhelming. Some different styles that I have seen though are to get streaks randomly throughout your hair, color just the bottom half of your hair, or even dye all your hair. The only types of people I have generally seen do any sort of coloring like this are punk-rock type people, gothic people, and it is also big with oriental people who are more fashionable. I've noticed that the gothic kids and oriental people generally do some of the hair a certain color, while the punk kids are most likely to color their whole head. These different colors are ways for people in society to design something for themselves. They choose the color and the places that it goes. They create their own unique design to show off to everyone else. 

( Haley Williams of Paramore picture above thanks to:  http://static.wix.com/media/aeef24e1aa424078e7cae060d6563468.wix_mp

No comments:

Post a Comment