Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flyers, Posters, and the Sort


I was looking at the cork boards that were outside of my class earlier today. You know, the ones that have all of the different advertisements to catch a person's eye so that they will hopefully attend a certain event? So I looked and observed all of the different ones that were there. Some of the flyers were huge while others not so much. Some of them were bright colors while others preferred to have huge pictures or icons on them instead. All of them seemed to catch my eyes in different ways. I was thinking about how designers choose to create these flyers or advertisements for society to view. How do they decide whether or not to make it a large or small flyer, or put it on a neon colored paper, or use a huge symbol? I would imagine that they use whatever is related to the project/event that they are trying to promote. They could put a huge picture of the person they are trying to promote or a clever phrase to advertise a TV show or movie. For example, if I was doing advertising for the Sacramento Kings I would do a flyer which, for the most part, would definitely have a huge Kings logo or at least be on purple paper, since that is one of their major team colors. I believe a designer creates a flyer around whatever their advertising.

(advertisement thanks to: http://www.esongtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/taylorswift_fearlesstour.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment